Alloy Navigator 6.5 Offers New Features Such as Calendar Views, Self-Service Manager Access and Satisfaction Surveys
Nutley, NJ (July 31, 2012) – Alloy Software, Inc., a leading provider of service and asset management solutions, today announced the introduction of Alloy Navigator 6.5 Enterprise, the company’s award-winning IT service and asset management suite. Alloy Navigator 6.5 Enterprise delivers practical real-world solutions designed to tackle the challenges IT departments face everywhere. With exciting new features such as Calendar Views, Self-Service Manager Access, Satisfaction Surveys and Workload Balancing to name a few, this new offering is sure to provide IT with the value they expect from an IT service and asset management solution.
With the tight integration of flexible service desk, asset management and network inventory tools, the ability to manage the entirety of IT operations are automatically simplified through the use of intelligently designed features. Alloy Navigator 6.5 allows users to manage the complex interrelationships, dependencies and life cycles of workstations, servers, network devices and software licenses and related service history, contracts, warranties and financial information so that users can gain true visibility and transparency.
Alloy Navigator 6.5 Enterprise offers a number of new and enhanced features. Calendar Views provide visibility on “upcoming events at a glance” for visibility on everything from due tickets to expiring contracts in one convenient place. The new Customer Satisfaction Survey allows end-users to rate their service while allowing users to improve the customer experience through the ability to analyze those ratings against any number of factors. With the new Self-Service Portal Manager Access feature, managers and team leads gain oversight and understanding on their team’s activity. Alongside Alloy Navigator 6.5’s intelligent Knowledge Base content creation mechanism now comes the ability for end-users to rate the articles so help desk managers can glean which information is effective and which isn’t. New Auto-Assignment and Workload Balancing features make sure incoming tasks are not only automatically assigned, but they’re load balanced across technicians to make sure no one is overloaded with work.
“The entire Alloy Software team has constantly outdone themselves and the new version of Alloy Navigator is no exception,” explained Terence Kennedy, Information Technology office manager at The Juilliard School – “We are constantly amazed how they continue to improve on a product that has already provided so much value to us.”
Other new and enhanced features in Alloy Navigator 6.5 Enterprise include:
- Software License Management Enhancements: Gain a whole new perspective of compliancy with new functionality surrounding upgraded software and license policies and restrictions including new compliance calculation and tracking abilities.
- Dashboard Enhancements: Monitor IT operations with a brand new intelligent chart and panel features like drill-down, filtering abilities and grid views panels for quick access to current trends and events.
- Concurrent Licensing: Having a service desk with multiple shifts is now easier with new concurrent licensing model, helping users save money and time managing accounts.
- Hyper-Visor Support: Audit and gather information about Hyper-Visors and Virtual Machines from a number of platforms such as Microsoft Hyper-V, VMware ESX, VMware ESXi, Xen, and Citrix XenServer among others.
- Improved SNMP Handling: Enhancements to SNMP v3 authentication, privacy settings and automatic device import, allows users to easily integrate printers, switches and other network device configuration data with finances and service history for a complete picture.
- Self-Service Portal Multi-Language Support: End-users and external customers will access an automatically translated Self-Service Portal with new regional settings detection and translation for English, Spanish, French, Russia, German, Portuguese and Chinese.
- Self-Service Portal Anonymous Access: Provide easy access to various areas of the Self-Service Portal such as the Knowledge Base, Announcements or the entire portal making it easier to share information in a company.
- Workflow Enhancements: Have more control than ever before with assignment of classification icons, better handling of related object creation and new flexibility for Self-Service Portal submissions.
“Here at Alloy, we recognize the need for transparency on day to day IT operations and the desire for companies to develop a solid perspective for long-term strategic development,” explained Vladimir Vinogradsky, President and CEO at Alloy Software. “Our mission with Alloy Navigator 6.5 was to help companies overcome the obstacles preventing them from seeing the big picture by utilizing a series of well-designed features used to gather, manage and analyze what IT does and how IT does it so they can inevitably understand how to improve their business.”
For more information on Alloy Navigator, please visit: http://www.alloy-software.com/an6.
About Alloy Software
Established in 2002, Alloy Software is a leading provider of service management, asset management and network inventory software solutions that help organizations of all sizes automate IT operations. Today, still under original management, Alloy Software has been named one of the fastest-growing private companies in America, and received numerous accolades from the 2012 Stevie Awards for Sales & Customer Service, 2011 Golden Bridge Awards and 2011 Best Products Awards, to name a few.